PTG holds a contract with of the State of Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) as part of the Cooperative Contracts.
Deliverables Based IT Services (DBITS)
Precision Task Group, Inc. offers deliverables-based information technology services (DBITS) through its contract with DIR under its DIR Cooperative Contracts, specifically: Application Development, Application Maintenance and Support, Information Technology Assessments and Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and Technology Upgrade/Migration and Transformation. This contract is for services only. No hardware or software products may be sold through DBITS contracts. Contracts may be used by state and local government, public education, other public entities in Texas, as well as public entities outside the state. Resellers are not available for this DBITS contract.
There are five service offerings included in the DBITS Contract DIR-TSO-3962:
1) Definition: Application Development is the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
2) Examples of included services: Web application development; mobile application development; service oriented architecture (SOA); researching; analyzing; gathering requirements; designing; programming; testing; documenting and implementing; applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation.
Application Maintenance and Support
1) Definition: Application Maintenance and Support includes the skills and requirements for supporting application systems, including troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining and enhancing legacy systems. Application Maintenance and Support also applies to applications running in a production environment.
2) Examples of included services: Research, analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting and implementing maintenance changes; correcting software errors; modifying reports and ensuring accurate report runs; making modifications to the applications and documentation; writing ad hoc queries; loading and applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery testing, planning and documentation. Services may need to be available 24/7 or on an on-call basis.
Information Technology Assessments and Planning
1) Definition: IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
2) Examples of included services: IT assessments, including enterprise architecture and cloud assessments; staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; bandwidth assessments, network performance and strategic and tactical planning.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
1) Definition: ERP is an amalgamation of an organization's information systems designed to automate and integrate a variety of functions, commonly referred to as "back office”, including financials, human resources and asset management. These systems are modularized and generally highly configurable.
2) Examples of included services: planning and assessment; requirements development; business process reengineering (BPR); implementation and conversion services; application programming and support services; database administration, system software administration and support; functional support; and training support.
Technology Upgrade/Migration and Transformation
1) Definition: Technology Upgrade/Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology Transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade/Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
2) Examples of included services: assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Also included are: technology transformations, which may include, appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones. The following activities may also be included: planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services; and training support.
How to Order:
Click here for a link with instructions from DIR on how to order services off this contract: